If you bought a new PC at a store, it will often come with an preinstalled OEM license Key. There are many other Microsoft Windows 10 license types, these include: Retail Key, OEM key, Volume License, Academic, and subgroups such as Upgrade licenses. If you have a full version Windows 10 which is non-activation, you can Buy Windows 10 Product Key from Key1024.com. You can transfer it to a new PC if needed, no matter for Windows 10 Home/Pro/Enterprise or 32/64 Bit, it depends on the type of Windows 10 license you have installed.
Determine if your Windows 10 License can be Transferred
Note: Before you do, find out what type of license you have installed.
- Can be transferred: If you upgraded from a retail copy of Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1. (But you are only entitled to a one time transfer)
- Cannot be transferred: If you upgraded from an OEM Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1, these are licenses maintain the OEM rights.
- Can be transferred: If you have a full retail copy of Windows 10, transfer as many times as you want.
- Can be transferred: If you performed an Free Upgrade to the Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home, transfer using Digital Licensing. This is a retail key attached to the Microsoft Account used to purchase it.
Remove the win 10 License before Transfer to another PC
Windows 10 does not have a deactivation option. Instead, you have two choices:
- Uninstall the product key – This method does not inform Microsoft Activation Servers the license is no longer in use on the old PC; but there is no conflicts whether the license is multiple use or not.
- Format your Windows PC – You can use the convenient Reset option in Windows 10 to do this.
How to Uninstall Windows 10 Product Key using CMD.exe
- Press “Windows + X” Keyboard combinations, then click “Command Prompt (Admin)“.
- At the CMD.exe, enter
You are now free to transfer your Win 10 license to another PC. An enter product key prompt appears when you install Windows 10, just choose I don’t have a product key. If you have a full version Windows 10 Pro license bought online, you can enter the product key to continue.
How to Reactivate the License on the new PC?
- Click Start button > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Change the product key. Enter your Windows 10 product key then click Next to activate.
- Press “Windows + X” Keyboard combinations, then click “Command Prompt (Admin)“. At the command prompt, enter the following command:
slmgr.vbs /ipk xxxxx- xxxxx- xxxxx- xxxxx- xxxxx.
Because the Windows 10 license was previously in use on another PC, you will need to reactivate by telephone or use Contact Support. Launch the Windows 10 activation wizard, then call the number on the Activation screen to explain your situation to the Microsoft Help agent. The agent will verify your product key, then provide a confirmation ID for reactivating Windows 10.